LASCYPAA Bidding Requirements:
1. Three AA members with a minimum of one year sobriety must represent the bidding city.
2. Bidders must have commitments from at least two appropriate facilities (hotels, universities, convention centers, gymnasiums, etc.) so sized to accommodate the entire conference. Also included should be: tentative dates for the conference, availability of meeting rooms, and cost of the facility. Bidders must provide information regarding housing for attendees, including cost and accessibility to the conference site.
3. Bidders must provide a PO BOX address for use should they be awarded the conference.
4. Documentation must be given that no large scale activity will be held in their city within a sixty day period before and a thirty day period after the conference.
5. Statements of support from the intergroup or regional counterpart (district) must be brought by the bidding conference.
6. Prospective bidders will be required to demonstrate financial autonomy and responsibility, within the traditions of AA as a whole, being directly involved in any activity from which funds are generated.
7. The new host city must agree that 50% of all proceeds, after expenditures, are to be turned over to the Advisory Council for disposition. The host city shall donate the remaining 50% of the proceeds to their local service structure or any other AA service entity.
8. There will be a maximum of 20 minutes for the presentation of the bid requirements by each bidding city. If a skit is part of the presentation, the bid requirements must be incorporated into it.
9. Bidders must provide a concise needs statement illustrating their reasons for bringing LASCYPAA to their area.
10. A statement of assurance that elections will be held prior to the conference to select upcoming advisory council members is required.
11. Bidders must present all Advisory Council members a copy of a bid book by 5:00PM the day the conference begins.
“May the odds be ever in your favor.”