LASCYPAA Bidding Requirements:
1. Three AA members with a minimum of one year sobriety must represent the bidding city.
2. Bidders must have commitments from at least two appropriate facilities (hotels, universities, convention centers, gymnasiums, etc.) so sized to accommodate the entire conference (500 people +/-). Also included should be: tentative dates for the conference, availability of meeting rooms, and cost of the facility. Bidders must provide information regarding housing for attendees, including cost and accessibility to the conference site. Contracts should be as “sign-able” as possible. Please feel free to contact Advisory Hotel Chair with any and all questions.
3. Documentation must be given that no large scale activity will be held in the bidding city within a thirty day period before after the conference (this includes ICYPAA) in effort to demonstrate due diligence and that you are attempting to avoid conflicting with other events.
4. Statements of support from the intergroup or regional counterpart (district) must be brought by the bidding conference. Please demonstrate how the bid committee has been involved with General Service (some have chosen to get a letter of support, or to show how their group was active in area or district service.)
5. Prospective bidders will be required to demonstrate financial autonomy and responsibility, within the traditions of AA as a whole, being directly involved in any activity from which funds are generated.
6. The new host city must agree that the “seed money,” and 50% of all net proceeds are to be turned over to the Advisory Council for disposition. The host city shall donate the remaining 50% of the proceeds to their local service structure or any other AA service entity.
7. There will be a maximum of 20 minutes for the presentation of the bid requirements by each bidding city. If a skit is part of the presentation, the bid requirements should be referenced in it.
8. Bidders must provide a concise needs statement illustrating their reasons for bringing LASCYPAA to their area.
9. A statement of assurance that elections will be held prior to the conference to select upcoming advisory council members is required and will comply with Host Guidelines.
10. Bidding committees are to provide complete copies of their bids to the Advisory Council Chairperson by 5PM the Friday of the conference and submit a PDF version to the Advisory Council Secretary the Monday before the conference. Feel free to submit bid book drafts early/throughout the year for feedback. No bids will be rejected. As always, walk-in and “token” bids are always welcome. There should be one copy available for each member of the LASCYPAA Advisory Council and one additional copy provided for LASCYPAA archives.
11. Bidders must demonstrate how the bid committee has outreached the LASCYPAA conference to AA in and out of their area throughout the current bidding year.
12. Present a temporary pre-registration flyer. It must state that the conference dates and location are TBA. This will be used if bid committee is awarded the conference.
From www.LASCYPAA.com – Updated 11/26/2017